Tuesday 17 December 2013

Will you remember this? - the power of memory

So friends,

Did you remember to do all the things you needed to do today? I sure as hell didn't. I'm pretty sure I forgot to do several of the things that I had intended to get done today, today, but it doesn't really matter because I won't remember it anyway. In fact, most of daily activity falls into the category of routine activity, which doesn't need to fill up any more memory space then it already does. Unless something out of the ordinary occurs during routine activity, then the memory will need to decided to store under 'shocking incident during routine activity' or 'amusing anecdote during routine activity' or some other subcategory from your own memory filing system.
I forgot to include this in my Optical illusions blog, what a plum!

Does this matter thought? I don't think it does. If we were meant to remember everything then we would have bigger heads to store all the extra brain space we would need for all that stuff. Humans would look like weird photo-booth parodies of humans, and I for one don't want to live in that world.

It's good to forget things. For several reasons this can be good.
Something traumatic happen in your life? Bam! Instantly forgotten with new drugs available from your local pharmacist. Someone screw you over and make you feel like a complete wasp jockey? Bam! Instant forgiveness for something you can't remember happening.

I guess there are down sides to this as well, like when you forget something at a pivotal moment when you need to be remembering it. You can see this state played out before your very eyes in any TV quiz show where general knowledge is required.

Oh memory how fun you can be, if only I could remember what I was actually planning on writing about today. I did have this awesome idea earlier in the day involving a pair of Dusty Bells and a half mutant lego snowman, there was going to be this massive battle, and bells would ring, and dust was going to fall everywhere...it would have been amazing, if only I could remember what it was that I have forgotten. As previous said, oh well, it doesn't matter.

Did you have a good day?

Peace and infinite somethings,
Mr Jackson

Oh yeah! I remember, I wanted to share the 'Otherwise' video with you, here it is



This was day 17 of the blog-a-day-a-thon-a-by-the-way-a-thon

No comments:

Post a Comment