Tuesday 24 December 2013

Christmas Eve blogginton

Merry Christmas friends,

Well, tis the season to be all jolly, eat, drink and be merry.

An artist impression of Christmas... in all my days it has never looked
as magical as this.
Tomorrow we shall all indulge, for that is how we celebrate. Not all of us will be celebrating of course, there are all the people in the world who don't recognise the couple of days spent worshipping Santa, and that's fair enough. Santa is one of the most recent godly figures to enter the zeitgeist of cultural importance, and thusly we celebrate obesity and greed with our own indulgences of these two grossly overlooked sins. I mean, it's not like we are gonna kill any helpless creatures and stuff them full of other creatures before serving with cranberry sauce and...wait, never mind.

Hail Santa! The God of consumer culture.
The snowman in the alleyway had already mugged three pensioners this
evening, he was looking for his next victim.

Giving gifts is great, for both parties involved. Both giver and receiver get pleasure from the exchange. We are now in the final throws of preparation for the mega-laze, the epic fun having and the stream of food and drink.

It's alright, we deserve it, I mean, come on! We've all worked hard, put in the effort, so we deserve a chance to stuff ourselves full of our spoils. I didn't get up every morning to go to a stupid job that doesn't intellectually stimulate me in any way just so I could earn the handful of pennies bequeathed to me for my many hours of repetitive button pushing, to not be able to stuff large quantities of grub in my gob. So I will, and I imagine you will to.

Merry Christmas,

Mr Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment